GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fig Tree Club!

Okay, I am going to tell you about that but first on my mind is really about Pine Needles Quilt Camp. My friend Virginia and I put on this retreat. She also teaches at Cottage Quilts and works there part time.
So, it's that time of year when I need to start thinking about the retreat we hold at Bass Lake.
I have been distributing fliers for the event for the last couple of months but as summer comes near I really need to start getting things organized and projects decided on and all the gifts and prizes in order. Oh, and the menu planned!
Food is a very important part of the weekend!
The picture above is from last years retreat. I will find some other pictures to share. We have a lot of fun! A big reason for that is the two women that are surrounding me in that picture!




On another note:
This is a picture of Lewis Creek. Next June, our son Todd & Jillian will be getting married at Sierra Sky Ranch which is right next to this creek. Come to think of it, Jill was "the girl next door" when we lived on Lewis Creek. She actually lived across the creek though. That was over 10 years ago! Krimminie! I found this picture and was going to send it to Jill and just had to share some "nature" with you too.
Okay, now:
Have you heard about the Fig Tree Club? It will be starting up at a variety of quilt shops all over. I am excited about it because I get to head it up for Cottage Quilts. I just got a view of the first project and I think this is going to be a lot of fun! There will be home dec projects and lap quilts and I think maybe even a bag or tote project. The club is designed to meet 4 times a year. But it will be available on line also. Stay tuned. I will get the when & where hammered out this weekend when I am at Cottage Q's. All I know that the first kits will be made up from the new fabric line Mill House Inn which is beautiful!
I will be teaching a class at Cottage Q this Saturday on the Topsy Twosey quilt. It's made using the X Block tool. I showed a photo of my sample last week. It was made from Gypsy Girl fabrics. I think the picture was of it hanging in the shop. Anyway, it should be a fun day.
Thanks for stopping by!


Posted by Picasa

4 friends stopped by to chat:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Your retreat sounds great. I love the creek photograph with the time lapse. I love your blog.

Jodi Nelson said...

I could so use a retreat. I was going to plan one for my neck of the woods this year, but I think I chickened out. The creek is beautiful! And I'm anxious to hear about the club. ooxx`jodi

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Fun fun fun! That creek picture is totally cool!

Sherri said...

Your retreat sounds wonderful...and the Fig Tree Club...wow...I just read about it at Fat Quarter Shop!