GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, June 22, 2009

Pincushion Swap & A Father's Day Recap

Well... in case you can't wait, you will have to scroll down to the end to see the pincushion.
I had to save the best for last... I heart pincushions!
We had a wonderful but short Father's Day weekend. I somehow didn't manage to take any photos of the day. I guess I was to busy in the kitchen etc. We were a smaller group than normal but still managed to fill up the table with 8 people at it. One of the boys stopped at a garage sale on the way over and picked up a board game of "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader".
It was our entertainment of the day!
My dad and his wife joined us also, which was very nice. Actually it was incredible. There are a lot of kids and I am the one who got him!!! Happy Father's Day dad!
While I had him as a captive audience I showed him my blog. Suffice to say, he won't be starting up one of his own anytime soon:)
This is a photo taken during the dead of winter... again, no pictures taken Sunday! Darn.


If you haven't already found the Minnesota Blog Hop you might need to go and check it out. It started yesterday at Gudrun's World blog. It features 10 Minnesota bloggers/designers. Each day one of the site's will be featured and each one will have a pattern/tutorial for you to have. There are prizes involved too!

I meant to post about this yesterday but the day got away from me. I got a wonderful pincushion in the mail from Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Company. We were participating in Sandra's Pincushion Summer Swap '09. I love this pincushion Jenny! It is just my colors and complete with little butterfly pins in it! I really like the lanyard and scissors also. I never thought of making a lanyard... humm, well, now I don't have to. I have one!

Jenny enclosed a note with her business card in it so I checked out her site. You might want to click on to it! They have a Daily Deal that is awesome!

4 friends stopped by to chat:

Sherri said...

Yes, I did scroll down to see the pincushion...and it's wonderful! I love those daily deals at Missouri Star...and I'm loving the Minnesota blog hop too...lots of talent in Minnesota! How nice you got to be with your father on father's day!

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

How nice you got to be with your Dad on Father's day. I am sure he enjoyed being remembered and loved.
Thanks for the heads up on the Minnesota Blog Hop. I put it on my post today and mentioned you. Thanks for passing on really good information - as always.

I am sorry that I will not be able to go to your quilt retreat - maybe next year. Thank you for sending the information. It seemed every way I tried to work it out there was a road block. I look forward to hearing all about it. I mentioned it to Kim and I think what we will end up doing is come by and visit you at the shop one weekend.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Sounds like you and your family spend a wonderful Father's Day togehter and your pin cushion is great.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

cute pincushion! some of the best days have no photos because you are so busy enjoying them!!