GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sounds Simple Enough

I had a special delivery today from a friend with this little bag of goodies!
That's right, it's the long awaited yardage of Mill House Inn. I have been waiting for this to be released so that I could finish my shop sample of the Fig Tree Club's first project. Our meeting for making the project is Oct. 3rd. Do you think I can get the borders on and get it quilted within that time frame?
We'll see! I might need a miracle.
I love this page out of the Quilt Sampler magazine that shows the latest and the greatest pincushions patterns that are available. I already have a couple
of pincushions that I would like to be making right now
but I really would love to make the fruit pincushions here.
That cute little watermelon and who couldn't use a pear pincushion?
Not that I have a obsession with pincushions or anything.
Speaking of which, I did have to make a little matching pincushion to go with the friendship bag before I mailed it off.
Current events: I had ordered these draperies over the weekend
and they arrived last night. But it's not a simple shake 'em out and hang them job.
They were on "sale" but the wrong size... so I figured I could order a couple extra and make it all work out.
Sounds simple enough... right? They came in 84" length and I needed 95" & 105".
They are going to hang next to doorways, swagged, so that I will be able to section off the area when needed for more efficient air/heating purposes.
So, that has been my mission today. It's going pretty well... but I'm still holding my breath and keeping fingers crossed hoping that it all comes together like I am picturing.

I ordered brown. I do love the fabric. It has a nice weight to it. I'll report back latter!
I think I could use some extra fingers crossed please:)


Tonight after work a couple of my friends are coming over so we can do some embroidery projects. I have deviated away from my Crabapple Hill Winter Wonderland project. I am concentrating on nice small palatable projects like Bunny Hill's A Tiskit A Tasket. I'm doing it in black and white which isn't much of a break from the Winter Wonderland project that is all red and white. But at least it's small.

7 friends stopped by to chat:

~Laurie~ said...

Don't you just love Mill House Inn??!! BEEEEEautiful!!
laurie

Angela said...

I just got all my supplies together to start the Winter Wonderland quilt by Crabapple Hill! I have wanted this quilt for so long! I cant wait to get started on it! :o)

Jewel said...

Hi Sinta... I didn't know if you had the pattern for the pear so here is a tutorial...

http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2007/11/its-all-gone-pear-shaped.html

I love Mill House Inn I am decorating my bedroom in it.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

As always I enjoyed your blog. Happy embroidering with your friend this evening.

Sherri said...

I soo love Mill House Inn! I know you can finish the quilt by the 3rd! Speaking of pincushions...have you seen the pincushion turtles Heather Bailey just designed...they are so cute! I'll be working on Schnibbles stuff tomorrow! Talk to you soon!

Needled Mom said...

Those are great fabrics! I, too, fell in love with that pear pincushion. Wasn't that adorable?

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Have fun embroidering! Loving the looks of the drapes. Want to see a picture when you're done. Pincushion is ultra cute too!