GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, February 11, 2010

Highlights of My Day

I wanted to make these for Valentine's Day.
Sweetwater has such fun things going on and
their fabrics are my latest addiction. Their blog
always has cute ideas & sweet little projects.

Each of the hearts has a different label. I was able to get these done this morning (before getting ready for work) and I plan to put tins of chocolate covered Altoids in them for little gifts.

I had lunch today with a special quilting friend at a special little restaurant, well, Tea House.

I haven't been there for a long time. I think I had forgotten how cute this place is!

The food is absolutely wonderful also. And a Red Hat is not required!

Good food, good friend and such a pleasant atmosphere...

I hated to go back to work. I will have to make a mental note to come back and look more closely a their gifts. Here is a little glimpse.


Not a bad way to spend the day all in all... even if you do have to work.
Posted by Picasa

11 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

What a charming Tea House. Is it in the San Diego area? I went to one with a friend of mine that looks very similar to that one. Oooohhhhh....the tea was fabulous too.

busyascanbe said...

What a fun place! I love to visit places like this...I might have called out sick...
LOL
Debbie

Orcsmom said...

What a cute place, where is it located? I will have to see if they are open on the week-end, so Kim, Shirley, Colleen and I can make it there, and of course, you are invited as well! What a fun afternoon! The hearts are adorable!

Hugs!
Pam

Corrie said...

Your hearts are darling. I'll have to make those. That looks like my tea house. Our tea house has fabulous Monte Cristo sandwiches, oh....so good.

Cindy said...

Fun, fun,fun hearts to add a little token to for someone. I LOVE that idea. Thanks for sharing it.

I zoomed in on the Tea House - how "full" of "everything". Doesn't it make you wonder where the owner found "everything" to display? Man, there is ALOT of "everything"..It'd be fun to take the time to peak through it all.

Julie said...

Sounds like such a fun day!

Stina Blomgren said...

Love them... what a great idea..:o)

Oh.. I wish I could go to your tea house too...

Sherri said...

The Tea House looks wonderful...so many things to look at. And I love those Sweetwater Valentines as well!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What a nice afternoon out, even if you had to return to work. Your valentines are darling. I need to check out the Sweetwater site.

Anonymous said...

Loved your day...wished it were mine!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I Heart these Hearts!! And you whipped them up before work? Like I always say, you are my hero!!

xo
becky