GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Little Bit of Progress

In keeping with my Charming Girls Club theme for the month, "picnic":
It looks like my first picnic of the year will be at "Club Kaiser"
now that the hubs has got the okie dokie to eat "food" again. Actually he has made a lot of progress--


It looks like he might be able to come home today or tomorrow--Yeah!

Thank you all for your well wishes for Fred. I didn't know if I should even write about
it at all in my post last time. I am not sure if I was breaking any bloggy taboos.
But, I appreciate the opportunity to release a little stress, so thanks for listening to me and thanks for entering my giveaway and sharing those funny stories and jokes!
I have misplaced my camera cord, again, so next time I will get to show you a little of what I have been working on. I had been making my butterfly quilt and put the rows together. But now I can't decide if I want to add the circles or not... so I'm going to need your opinions tomorrow when I can take a picture of it and post it.
 One thing that I discovered while the hubs has been gone... that the heating pad is great for sticking under your blankets and taking the chill off for me before I slip into bed! Not a warm body replacement by any means... but it worked in a pinch!
The heating pad is like 100 years old... and so I couldn't resist making a new little flannel cover for it, to cuten it up a bit! I really haven't gotten much done at all, but spending a few minutes sewing in the morning or evening is so relaxing... so it doesn't even matter if I get anything done.
Don't you agree?

19 friends stopped by to chat:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Club Kaiser it is!
Hope you stay warm and your guy gets to come home!

ferne said...

You have broken no blog taboos that I know off...after all your blog is kind of like your diary only other people do read it, if they don't like what you have to say they just click the 'red X'.

Can't wait to see what you have made with butterflies, they are very fun to play with. I am playing with how to quilt them though, any ideas?

Ferne

A Plain Path said...

So glad your husband is coming home soon. Hope all continues to go well!

Unknown said...

I hope things are improving! I use a heat pad in bed too since DH comes to bed so much later then me!

John'aLee said...

I think it is wonderful that you shared about your husband. Sometimes a sprinkling of 'real' life gives a blog the spice it needs. I know my most popular posts are when I truly share my heart. So kudos to you!
If your heating pad is old you might want to replace it. They do catch fire. When we were kids a whole family was lost because of an old heating pad. That being said....I go to bed every night with one because of my back problems. Sometimes the only way I can get relief.
Take care! And a prayer for the hubster.

Darlene said...

You haven't broken any unspoken rules - it's your blog you write anything you want. :-)

I'm glad your man is doing much better and will be home very soon.

Remember to take care of YOU.

Anonymous said...

It's your blog for pete's sake girl!
I'm chuckling about the heating pad! When we lived in England and hubby deployed I would fill up the hot water bottle nightly to keep my toes warm in bed. I now also use an electric heat pad for my "other" bed when he snores! LOL

sunny said...

Glad to hear that the hubby is doing better and will be home soon. As someone else said, this is YOUR blog and your journal, so you shouldn't worry about what you want to write. You need support and encouragement, and you can usually find it here!

Sherri said...

So glad he's coming home soon...he'll really be appreciating good food! And yes, I so agree that even if you don't finish anything...sewing is so relaxing!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

It's your blog and you can do what you want with it :) I sure hope that your darling gets to come home soon!
Butterflies! I cannot wait to see! I look forward to it tomorrow!
Stay warm!
hugs, margie

annieb said...

I agree with what everyone has said- it's your blog so write what you want...quilting is just one aspect of our lives that we share on our blog. Best wishes to your husband for a continued recovery.

BettyLou said...

So glad to hear that your husband is going better. Hope things get back to normal for both of you.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh it is great news that your hubby will be coming home this week! I had to snicker abt the heating pad~ I did that when DH was deployed, then I worried abt a fire hazard, so I heated the wheat bag every night. LOL

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

It's your blog and you can cry if you want to, laugh, if you want too, share if you want to ...
Your blog and the comments have been wonderful to read to our son. You have great and caring followers! You are in our thoughts and prayers.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

You write what you want to write about. It's your blog. No one can tell you differently. Happy to hear that your husband is on the mend!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Glad to hear that your Hubby is doing better.

The way I see it is this is your blog and we are just visiting. When something big happens in your life whether it is good or not so good you should be able to share if you feel the need. If it bothers anyone then they can just skip your post that day and read another blog.

Cyndi said...

Sinta, I'm so happy to hear that your hubby is doing so much better and will be getting to come home soon. And I'm sure that he will be extra glad to be able to get "good food" again, too!

I have a great bed warmer...Noah (my dog!). He sleeps in the bed with us - under he covers - and lays across my feet...he is like having a little heater right in the bed. Only problem is that he snores sometimes! ;o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Michele said...

I love your blog! Thanks for sharing with us.....The good and the not so good, that's what blogging friends are for :) I'm glad Fred is doing better.....both of you take care :)

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is doing better - and that you're keeping warm! Looking forward to seeing your projects.