GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, August 25, 2011

Something For The Sewing Room

I am on a roll with these little wall hangings made with the DS fabrics.
I am making a third one right now... out of Free Spirit fabrics.
There just might be a fourth one on the horizon...
I'm thinking some Quilt Soup fabrics. Maybe?

I think they would look good hanging in a sewing room.
It was a pattern in AP&Q. I made a little variation. With sashing/without sashing.
Straight borders, not half-square triangle borders like in the pattern.
They are just fun. When I get the next one finished I will be quilting them...
and then they will go out in the mail as gifts.

I turned this little holiday gem, "Flurry" over to Bear Paws Quilt's and More for a shop sample.

Which felt good... having finished something with the Christmas theme...
but really, I guess it's time to start thinking Fall.
A certain somebody reminded me of a birthday coming up.
When it's bday time... that means it's time to start thinking in terms of Autumn, cooler weather,
leaves turning color... aaah, that all sounds good but I am not ready to start baking yet...
it's going to be 100 plus this weekend!

24 friends stopped by to chat:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh yah! Our shared month is coming up, isn't it? Can you make me one of those minis?? Too cute! Was the pattern in the most recent AP&Q mag? I don't recognize it but it's super cute. Stay cool this weekend. Hurricane headed our way here. Looks be to a good one.

Mad about Craft said...

I love the quilts!

I want to make the little 'spools' one. I must get on with it.

Sue said...

I just love those spools & sewing machine. Where do I find that pattern ???? Great gifts :-D

Jocelyn said...

awww I love the little spools! Which edition was the pattern in?

Carol said...

Your spools are just wonderful! Love those. Cute as can be! Those Christmas packages are going to look wonderful hanging in the quilt shop!

sunny said...

Great spools! I just made a spool quilt, but now I like your better. Oh well. Next time.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love the little spools! And your Christmas quilt. :)

Cindy said...

Love your little spools quilts. Which issue is the pattern in? One of my friends made the "present" quilt on retreat a couple of weeks ago. It's adorable too!

Carol said...

I have the magazine with this pattern, I'm going to have to go look for it. I love your little quilts, adorable. Great for gifts. Nice Christmas quilt too.

Kris said...

Hi Sinta!!! I recognize so many of your bloggers here! Small world eh?? Punkie Pie is a good friend of a friend of mine..Deb.
Did you get my email. I was asking if you still lived in Oakhurst? I would love to hear more about the quilt retreat in October up in The Pines too!!!

Carol said...

Sinta, I was looking at the spool pattern, the paper piece sewing machine block looks tricky. I don't do much paper piecing. Can you let me know if you thought it was easy to do. I'm a little bit not sure of how to make it.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh those are so cute Sinta! How did you know my b-day is coming up?? :-) LOL Ok, tell me which issue of AP&Q and I'll get it on the list! ;-) Love the Flurry quilt. Have a good evening!

Cardygirl said...

Love those spools! Is that an American magazine...current issue?

Linda said...

Love all the little quilts! I have been thinking of Autumn myself, but we are in the middle of a heat wave...so I will wait and just sew for it!

pinsandneedles said...

So cute! Love the colorful spools!

Shelley said...

I like them Sinta...they fresh and young and happy:)

Kay said...

Those little quilts are so cute. I know I saw that pattern and filed it away in my brain..I really want to make one of these. Need to finish a store sample, tho, Cherry a la Mode free pattern for the fabric line. Really cute!! Keep cool :-)

donna said...

I think your spools are going to look great in your sewing. The Chirstmas is just beautiful.
Hugs
donna

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

You have been busy, love yours. Seen the little wall hanging and all I've done is turn the corner back on the page for a gonna do.

Andee said...

I love the spools! I seriously want to make one..gonna dig through and find out if I have that pattern....maybe you need to organize another little sewalong for your fan club!

Annette said...

Those little spools are so fun! What a great project. And the Christmas quilt it beautiful.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Hey - stoppin' to give you a Hug!

Linda said...

Spools are darling!! Perfect for a sewing studio!

Sherri said...

The mini quilts are amazing!!!