GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Just A California Girl

Now that my swap partner has officially received her 
small quilt I thought I could show you what I sent her.
Kris at Dandelion Quilts blog arranged a swap a couple months 
ago and I got Jen aka Punkie Pie as my partner.
She lives way over on the East Coast and I live in Calif.
She sent me a little wall hanging using California Girl fabrics by Fig Tree Quilts.
I love it! I actually have it at work with me on my wall along with a little mug rug for my tea cup.
This gives me an opportunity to surround myself with my bloggy buddy and
enjoy the fabrics. The 4 block small quilt she sent was made using the granny square block.
I had been seeing this around on blogs and wanted to make it... but now I don't need to!
\
I just love these colors...
the Strawberry Fields collection by Fig Tree and now California Girl.
I am showing you snips of my Boardwalk quilt I just finished 
using Calif. Girl. It is a class I will be giving at the LQS.
Yummy!!!

10 friends stopped by to chat:

Dianne Mitzel said...

Hi Sinta, I was just looking at the Boardwalk Pattern on Fig Tree's site. Is it hard to make, I love the motion in the flowers. Wish I were close to you , and could take the class..love your blog!!

Ramona said...

Colorful quilts and ice cream! I love California Girl too as I lived there most of my life. You can take the girl out of California but you can't take the California out of the girl! I have a jelly roll of it but may have to invest in some more!

Carrie P. said...

very cute!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I am glad so happy that you like it. My swap post is written and will post tomorrow morning. :)

Dandelion Quilts said...

Oh, I love that!

Darlene said...

Oh it's so cute!

I love all those colors, too. :-)
Boardwalk has caught my attention lately. HMMMM - may need to order that pattern soon. LOL

Carol said...

So cute! Or should I say Sew Cute. Jen did a great job.

Needled Mom said...

That is adorable!!!!

CATHY DANIEL said...

It's so pretty! I love it but I love all things quilty, so I love your blog too! Have enjoyed scrolling down through your past posts. xCathy

Sherry said...

I love the Fig Tree fabrics and will have to make something with the California Girl fabric. I did manage to get one block done for Rehab and will post tomorrow morning. What a fun swap!