GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Two Steps Forward One Step Back

I am doing my own dancing with the stars kind of thing here.

 
I was all caught up on my quilt binding, labels and sleeves...
feeling like I was two steps forward,
and then I got this sweet little stack back from the LAQ.
Little Morsels and Schnibbles that will now need binding.
Well, at least they are small!

I thought it would be fun to have a little collection of Schnibbles
in the quilt show and talk about AYOS and Carrie's patterns.

I can just see people trying to get away from me at the  show
while I am yakking away about Schnibbles and demonstrating
how to make Dresden's.

I'm the "Raffle Basket Chairman" for our quilt show and
I have been collecting things for our raffle and some of our guild's
small groups have helped by making up their own themed baskets.
This one came in today called "It's Raining Cats and Dogs".
I thought it was so whimsical.
It was made by our "renegade" small quilt group.
Of course they would find a way to be extra creative!
The basket is filled with a Kitty Caddy for your sewing supplies,
a mouse pin cushion, cat note cards and even a cat bed for your
furry friend who might like to visit while you quilt away.
I have a table full of raffle baskets at home that I already put together...
but 2 other ones delivered to me today.
Two steps forward, and one step back again.

Posted by Picasa

6 friends stopped by to chat:

Lesley said...

I think people will love to hear you "yakking" about quilts...especially with your beautiful show and tell!

JoAnne said...

I would love to hear you talk about quilts. I really enjoy reading about them, ha ha. That basket is so creative! I'm on a committee for our upcoming show and one of our responsibilities is to gather door prizes. I'm not doing that, though, I will be making the ribbons.

Carol said...

I love your little stack of quilts Sinta.

Cindy said...

how fun! Such a great idea for a basket - PURRfect.

Oh Sinta, that's not a step backwards - that's progress!!

gailss said...

I agree....people will love your info on quilts...love your basket and good luck.
Gail

Nanette Merrill said...

The basket looks yummy. Packaging like that would make me want that raffle!