GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

BQF: Baby Quilt Entry, Sunflower Baby

When I was just new to blogging I remember entering
I can't believe that it's been five years now!
does an amazing job putting this event on!



I wanted to enter a baby quilt that I made for my first grand child.
The pattern is called Sunflower Baby by Ashton Publications
 and the size of the quilt is 42 x 46.


I used Pam Kitty Morning fabrics along with some background fabrics
from Carrie Nelson aka Miss Rosie's Quilt Co. 

The pattern said (read) to round off the Dresden blades on the
corners of the quilt... but I just couldn't do it!

I experimented and found a way to save them. 
I hand blanket stitched around the face of the sunflowers, leaves
 and the corner Dresden blades.

Two of the sunflower faces have freckles and two do not...
representing mom and dad and the possibility of 
Evie taking after one or the other parent.
Side note:
The binding was started and stopped at each edge and the
Dresden fans were faced with another set of fans.
Then the backing was turned under and stitched.
The blanket has been washed no less than 50 times and is
holding up perfectly well.

Take a look at the other quilts in the festival here.
and don't forget to be there on voting day!

33 friends stopped by to chat:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Absolutely the cutest Sinta Renee! Doesn't it make you feel good when those little quilts are used?

Lesley said...

Your quilt is wonderful! I'm sure it will be loved for years!

Seams Sew Together said...

How gorgeous is you quilt!!! So pretty, love the fabrics and Dresdens, just adorable!!

Kim said...

This is so cute! I love those Dresden flowers. So pretty.

ferne said...

I love this! It reminds me a quilt my Grandmother once made.

Annette said...

Your little quilt is just so sweet! I love everything about it.

Lonci said...

Fabulous, very nice quilt:)))

Patti said...

Love, love, love this little quilt - especially the creative way you did the corners. Brilliant!

Amira@littlemushroomcap said...

I love the dresden corners! Adorable quilt for sure!!

CitricSugar said...

So cute!! I am so impressed by those corners!

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous baby quilt. So bright and happy!!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

This quilt is darling! I love how you did the corners. Just a precious heirloom.

Rebecca said...

This is precious! I love the fan corners. Great job.

Cheryl said...

I love the dresdens on the corners, I have never seen anything like that. So cute!

gailss said...

Just sooooo cute and love those faces Sinta! What baby woundn't want to snuggle there....Great!
Gail

Kris said...

Oh my gosh Sinta, that quilt is just precious!! I especially love the corners!!! What a treasure for your little granddaughter!!
xo Kris

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Adorable!!

trish said...

AAWW. So cute!! :o)

Béa said...

I love this quilt and the corners are just terrific ! XXX

Unknown said...

I love this quilt! I love the binding.

Plain Ol' Vanilla said...

This is as cute as a button. Love how you did those corners.
Joyce

Cynthia said...

Cute, cute! I love that you put freckles on 2 of the flowers! So fun! Cool corners too...never seen that done before but it is darling!

Beausoleil Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt- just perfect for a precious baby girl

Ruth said...

I love this quilt, those little flower faces are just so cute. your corner treatment is very nice too.

SuperMomNoCape said...

What a sweet baby quilt! And since it's been washed that many times, it's obviously well used and loved.

Unknown said...

Прекрасное и веселое детское одеяло. Классно.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

This quilt made it's way to Facebook today. It's so lovely, I had to come take a look.

blg2240 said...

Absolutely the cutest take on a baby quilt I've ever seen. The Dresden fans in the corners are original and super creative. You are an artist!

Unknown said...

So adorable! Love the colors and the fun dresden blades - I'm very impressed with your corners and how you finished them! Thanks for sharing, Bev

Unknown said...

Would you mind giving us some direction on how the corners are made? Also, could you please direct us to the actual pattern used. This is such a beautiful and would love to try my hand at making one. Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

my name is cathy lauber from desoto mo. e-mail is cansllauber@gmail.com i would like to by a pattrn of the baby sunflower if possible. Please let me know

loves2spin said...

Oh, I love your quilt! I actually made one from the same pattern a few months ago!

http://simplyhomemaking60.blogspot.com/2015/09/maybe-i-am-quilter-after-all.html

Lee & Kindra said...

Beautiful! do you have more in depth instructions for the corners you would be willing to share? I would love to try this out!