GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Backtracking and International Quilt Show


Yikes, I have gotten behind on my Deck-ade B O M
But it's never too late to catch up!

 
I just finished the ornament row.

I love how this all comes together 
and how the pattern is just so
easy to follow. The background fabric
is perfect "snow" fabric. 
I am having a lot of fun making it...
I especially love the fact that I will have it done
before the holiday's!


I have to make the stockings next and
also the wreath and presents.
I plan on getting them done before the 19th,
that's when the Tree block will be released.
If you haven't gotten the free patterns yet
hop on over to FQS. I have the kit and I think it would be fun
to make just a table runner or a wall hanging from the 
scraps also. 
Have you seen any of the You Tube tutorials they have for Deck-ade yet?

Backtracking to the weekend event...
Here are some photos from the quilt show in Long Beach...
The modern and contemporary group...

 
 

This one is an aerial view of someones neighborhood that got
evacuated during a recent fire. The black spaces are actually
parts of the quilts that are cut out... the houses that didn't
survive the fire. The red one is marking the spot where
the quilter's house was.
 
 
 
 

a landscape...
 


Black and white...
 


and a seascape.


I am always amazed at the work of quilt artists.
Posted by Picasa

7 friends stopped by to chat:

Darlene said...

Hey, your Deck-Ade blocks look just like mine. LOL

I'm always amazed at the talent of Art Quilters. I seriously lack that kind of talent.

JoAnne said...

Some of those quilts are amazing! I'm not doing the Deck-ade quilt but I did print out the gingerbread men pattern and I used it for a block exchange. They are cute!

Kimberly said...

Just stunning! I'm hoping to play catch up on my deckade blocks tonight... I'm making two versions... Wish me luck!

Jeanna said...

I'm loving the FQS Deck-Ade quilt. So much fun and for once...I'm not behind (well, on that project at least)

The quilt art is above my skill set for sure. I love you pictures, thanks for sharing!

Kris said...

Did you like the quilt show. I heard it was small, and not very good this year. Love the quilts I am seeing on blogs!!
XO Kris

Jana Machado said...

Love to see these gorgeous quilts from the Quilt Show! These three last ones are incredible. Can't belive they are quilts! Thanks for sharing!

Nanette Merrill said...

Amazing show. Really great. Love seeing them.