GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Like A Butterfly


It doesn't seem like I have been doing a whole lot...
I did find some fun new things for inspiration.
The Quilts and More magazine this month is
pretty fun. 
(I am still trying to get my hands on the new Quilty magazine)

Great Granny Squared was released and I am thrilled to
have a copy of it!!!


Aside from working on my AYOS project
(the parade is coming up soon)
I also got some coloring done.

I am working on an embroidery project... it's called
Hook Line and Sinker.
I'm also doing some 
hand sewing

on these units so I can finish up 
my Coastal Lily quilt I started 
last year. I am challenging myself to make
10 of these a day. If I keep up I will be done by next year...
no just kidding! I will be done in a couple of weeks tops!


I am putting the binding on this quilt now.

And in the meantime, being inspired by Lori's book...
 I pulled out these blocks and thought I would revive 
this project!
I have just been fluttering from one thing to another... like a butterfly!

9 friends stopped by to chat:

Cathy said...

To me, it seems like you are doing quite a lot! I am anxious to see how you use the little blocks with the yo-yo flowers.

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of fun projects. The other day, I went to see where my Great Granny blocks were and can't find them :-(

Lesley said...

You have such fun projects in the works! Love those granny blocks !

Pinkadot Quilts said...

My book is on the way. I love those blocks!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

You don't even realize how much you are accomplishing until one day when everything is done. :-) Great projects! Have a happy day!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I need to get Lori's new book. I think I'm going to check it out now. I too have decided to revive my granny squares but mine aren't the great-granny size. One size smaller. Your blocks are great!

Anonymous said...

I love your variation on using the yo-yos an embroidery for the Coastal Lilly blocks. I got my Great Granny book yesterday also and was itching to start some blocks on those too - might make my first one tonight with some scraps - see how quickly I get addicted!

Jeanna said...

All lovely projects...how do you have time to eat and sleep? Oh if I could only be that productive...I'd be thrilled!

Sarah said...

I wish I could say I was a butterfly flittering between projects. Instead I seem to be landed, catching my breath between sewing times because of other time sappers like work and family! I love your house quilt. Very pretty colours.