GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Monday, December 8, 2014

It's All In The Quilting



This past summer I finished piecing my Coastal Lily quilt.
It has been at the quilters waiting it's turn...
however, I did say it was a "no rush" order.
Saturday my LAQ delivered a "secret assignment" 
back to me so I could bind it and get it where it needs to go...
and she told me she was going to start on Coastal Lily.

Last night she sent me these pictures...


 I love how quilting make a quilt come to life.


I am thrilled with what she is doing!


She plans to add little seahorse's and shells into the designs.
I planned on entering this quilt into my guild's quilt show 
next summer... so I asked for something extra special in the quilting.

She is a fan of Green Fairy and has her book...
so she decided it was time to play!

Thelma aka Cupcake n Daisies made the same quilt and Judi at Green Fairy 
quilted hers... it is stunning to say the least...
so if mine turns out any where near as good I will be happy!
And so far so good.

14 friends stopped by to chat:

Kristen King said...

I cannot wait to see the finished quilt, it is going to be absolutely amazing! :)

Jeanna said...

Breathless! Good luck at the show.

Karen said...

From the looks of it so far, I think you are in for a treat!! Beautiful.

Béa said...

I can't wait to see it finished, the top is already beautiful XXX

Hildy said...

Wow, the quilt looks great I'm sure it'll be a winner!

Helen L said...

Oh my!! Tht is going to be stunning!! I was going to ask if it was being done by Green Fairy Quilts! Not quite, but pretty close! I'll bet you can hardly wait!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Jocelyn said...

Wow! What beautiful work!! It's going to be gorgeous!

Sandy D said...

Awesome work. So much talent here.

Cheryl said...

Oh my, that quilting is absolutely fabulous!!

Marie said...

Oh. Wow. This is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Aren't you thrilled with those pictures? I would be on pins and needles waiting for it to come home. I love the quilt itself though - great for Christmas and year round. Will you keep it or gift it?

Sherry said...

I love your quilt and the quilting on it is beautiful so far.

Anita said...

Absolutely love this! Can't wait to see it quilted! Did you use different lines of fabric? They all blend so well together :)

Sarah said...

The quilting is amazing! These long arm quilters who can just draw like this with thread are such talented artists aren't they.