GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Thursday, June 4, 2015

Irish Chain: Linking Past and Present


Have you picked up a copy of Irish Chain Quilts?
I was so excited to see the twist Melissa
gave to the otherwise "traditional" pattern.

I had made an Irish Chain quilt... it was probably my second quilt
ever made.
It was
 so
 SO
 boring... I never finished it.

What a shame because when you look at these quilts they all
have so much style and movement.
They just look happy... 
not as "well-mannered" as the
 traditional  Irish Chain quilts.

Do you know what I mean?

You will be inspired to see all the different 
and unique quilts inside this book 

Here are some
more photos of the projects in her book:


Martingale - Irish Chain Quilts (Print version + eBook bundle)
(all photos by Brent Kane)

They aren't the traditional looking Irish Chain quilts at all!

She has the book divided into 4 sections:
Twist on Tradition
Modern Patchwork
Improvisational Piecing
and
Appliqued Chains

There are 15 projects in the book in a variety of sizes and
a nice variety of techniques used also.






How is this one for a fresh look?
An Irish Braid
It uses 2 1/2" pre-cuts!
I am a huge fan of this quilt!
Love,
l-o-v-e, 
love it!





Or how about this contemporary styled quilt?



I liked this one just because it is so fun!



This one killed me though... how cute is this???
(yes, I intend on making this one... too)!



Did somebody say dots? 
Just nothing but fun!

I enjoyed reading the tips Melissa shares in the book...
especially on how she cuts strips!

You can find Melissa's book at Martingale Publishing
or at Amazon





5 friends stopped by to chat:

Connie said...

Very cool. I like the one with the little houses the best, too :)

Hildy said...

I never made an IrishChain quilt somehow it's not speaking to me. But Melissa's book might change that:-)

Melissa Corry said...

Ahh, thanks so much!!! So glad you like the book and it is giving you a new perspective on the Irish Chain Quilt ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- looks like lots of fun -- And that little house irish chain is tooooo cute! Thanks for the review!

Jeanna said...

I never knew there were so many variations of the Irish Chain quilt, never imagined one with little houses. It must take some kind of patience to put that one together.