GoodReads Facebook Pinterest Instagram Email
Friday, November 18, 2016

100 Small Blocks



Something else I finished.
It's a pattern from the book 
I love this book! 
This is the best photo I have right now. 
I'm still daylight challenged...
I think I actually finished it on a rainy weekend.

I used my leftovers from a project earlier this year. 
There are a variety of low volume fabrics and
a dash of Zen Chic.
It was a perfect pattern for it... it just uses the 
smallest of scraps!
There are 100 of the small plus blocks... fair warning!

I also used the same leftovers in this quilt.


I had purchased this unique panel and a junior layer cake.
I don't usually like panels but this one was so artsy!


I had it finished pretty quickly (an advantage of using a panel)
even though there are about 100 blocks in it.

At least these are 4 1/2" blocks... the quilt above was 3 1/2" blocks.

It's called Thicket.
The pattern can be found for free. 

Here is another free pattern using Thicket at Moda Bake Shop.


I have a couple of little things to make using the leftover panel animals...
maybe a little pillow and a stuffed toy with ribbon tags on it.
It is going to be for the arrival of my grand little...
coming December 1st!
Or maybe... this:

IMG_2812

(photo borrowed from Stacy Bloomfield's photo at Moda's blog)

I was feeling good about getting it finished and to my long arm quilter...
but my LAQ liked it so much that she requested a little trade...
An offer
I couldn't 
refuse!

I will be making another  one...
but not until the first of the year!

(I'm not showing her the tote though)!


5 friends stopped by to chat:

Needled Mom said...

Cute. I love those pluses too.

Ariane said...

I love both quilt tops!!

Hildy said...

Love both quilts!

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful quilts -- both of them! I LOVE that plus quilt -- I've been wanting to do a plus quilt for a long time now. And I love it when you can make a good trade!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I bought the Thicket supplies for the quilt right after my beloved Pierro died at only 8 wonderful years.
I went right to work on my quilt. Just finishing it up now (I have been slow)
Mine looks a lot like yours. I added some of my favorite colors here and there, mostly blues and greens, and fussy cut kitty images from various fabrics.
Yours looks beautiful too. I must take mine out for photos too